Cooling Autumn weather is getting us in the mood for a (hopefully) snowy winter here at North Shore Nordic. We can't wait to be out on the trails with you this season, and we're preparing to get our community ski trail grooming operation into gear.
What makes it all possible is your generous donations to our fundraising efforts, including the one we have going on right now: our sale of custom Nordic wear from Craft. Order yours today!
We have some ambitious goals for this season, but with your help we're confident we can achieve them.
1. Continuing to expand our trail network. We hope to groom even more trails for you than we did last year in Bradley Palmer State Park, Appleton Farms, Pingree School, Pingree Woodland, and Patton Park.
2. Improve our trail map. We are working on an interactive version of the map on our website, which will allow trail users to see what's been groomed recently and access other real-time information about trail conditions.
3. Create helpful signage. Our groomed trails will now feature trailhead signage with maps, markers to compliment existing blazes and help people navigate, and graphics to help trail users enjoy the groomed surfaces without damaging the tracks.
4. Promote community access to groomed trails. We live in a beautiful area and are working hard to provide groomed ski trails for all to use and enjoy. Stay tuned for news on ski clinics and other community events.
Our fundraising sale of Nordic wear from Craft will help our effort in the following ways:
1. A portion of each sale goes directly into our funds to help us with our operating costs.
2. Apparel sales help us attract sponsorship from new corporate donors who benefit by having their logo on the clothing.
3. Wearing NSNA gear increases our visibility within the community, which means more support and awareness of our mission to provide community ski trails for all to enjoy.
We hope this convinces you to join us! If you have questions about ordering the custom Nordic wear, please see our FAQ post. If you're looking for other ways to get involved, please consider a direct donation on our website, signing up to volunteer with us, or forwarding this message to a friend.
Thank you from the NSNA Board of Directors,